Mon, Sep 19|
Communicating Board of Education Issues, Winsomely & Persuasively
Mon, September 19, 2022 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM MDT
Time & Location
Sep 19, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM MST
About the event
What happens in the school room in one generation will determine government and society in the next, to paraphrase Abraham Lincoln. That's why education advocates must resist attempts to politicize the classroom, focusing instead on education's real purpose - lifting differently talented kids from where they are to where they're capable of going.
America's students have never been in greater need of persuasive advocates to propel reforms and advance their interests. While Chinese third graders learn calculus concepts, ours aren't reading or doing math at grade level, with our most vulnerable at-risk students suffering the most.
Helping education advocates become more influential is the aim of this workshop, an interactive, skill-building program designed to teach attendees how to persuade by appealing to both hearts and minds, whether speaking at a school board meeting or writing a letter to the editor. Speaking up doesn’t require as much courage if done in Engage to Win style!
Workshop participants will learn, practice and be coached to:
• Enhance likability and trust by becoming more winsome
• Advance ideas, values, and priorities by using language that resonates
• Become more confident, even in difficult conversations
• Catalyze agreement by building bridges to common ground
• Tell stories to make a connection, opening hearts and minds
• Pivot away from controversy to common ground
• Be a role model by becoming more compelling and influential